Asteroid Generator Plugin Unity3D
We have released the asteroid generation plugin as an open-source project now you can enjoy creating dynamic asteroid fields in seconds ,
- Generate Random Asteroid Fields
- Wide Range of Randomization Controls
- In Editor View [WYSIWYG]
- Sample Scene included
You can also:
- Import Custom Asteroid Meshes to suit your needs
- Modify the filed after generation in any way
- The plugin comes with nice asteroid animation script
This plugin has been developed to be used in any game to generate randomize elements location / size in a predefined range , it can even be used in real time , i usually use it with generating asteroid fields for my space games .
The plugin still needs lots of updates and improvements , feel free to contribute to the code and fix bugs if you found any.
Asteroid Generation an open source unity plugin build by awesome ppl for awesome ppl .
- Ability to change the noise value
- Field Range using X / Y prarm values
- Ability to use custom meshes cars , planes , bots , etc…
- Random Element Size set by max and min value
- Ability to auto animate the generated element
- Subtract Region by using custom gizmo mesh
Along other wide range of controls that you will discover using the plugin .
You can get the plugin using one of the methods below
- Clone the github repo
- Download the pre built package using the link below
Once done start unity and follow the instruction below ,
- Launch Unity Engine
From the menu:
- go Assets -> Import Package…
- From context menu in the Project View
- enter context menu -> Import Package…
Then, in both cases, find the standard packages:
- Browser to the path where you cloned or downloaded the package and select it .
You can also navigate to the needed package:
- DbClick the package from Windows Explorer or Finder, >(just make sure that you have the target project open or that it was the last opened project)
Want to contribute? Great! Just submit a pull request and ill add it to the project its that easy 😉
- Add more generation tools
- Make Real time API
- Add Gravity Fields
MIT Free Software, Hell Yeah!